Thursday, August 9, 2012

Editing boot up service in Linux Mint

Last time when I had the "Redhat" time, I comfortably use chkconfig to edit which service to boot up at which init level.

Now that I left my old job, I don't really much bother which service starts during the boot up and what not.

In Linux Mint, you ca n use "sysv-rc-conf" to accomplish this:

Check in your repo:

$ apt-cache search sysv-rc-conf
sysv-rc-conf - SysV init runlevel configuration tool for the terminal

It's there, then install

sudo apt-get install sysv-rc-conf

Fire up the tool, 

sudo sysv-rc-conf

You will get this display:


You can toggle which service that you want to boot up in which level. As simple as that.


Have fun! Tested on Linux Maya 13 based on Ubuntu 12.04



2 comments:

  1. You can use chkconfig to edit boot up service as well.

    Just apt-get install chkconfig

    Same software by Red Hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note.
    But I found out sysv-rc-conf is much more appealing, sorry ;p

    ReplyDelete